Monday, October 11, 2010

10.10.10 ...(a day late)

I really would have loved to have begun this blog on 10.10.10 but as usual, I'm a day late and a --well, you know how the saying goes. 10 is my favorite number and in my brain, this soothes all manner of symmetry and rights the world.  Howevah....It is 10.11 (which will only be cool in 2012, but I digress)..and here I am...putting up my first post. This is my place to let it all go. I am not writing for anyone at all. Simply for me. I need an outlet to try to work things through. Words help me, like signposts on an unfamiliar road. Lining them up one by one, I can usually string together a coherent plan. And I have a bunch of them stored up. Words, that is. It's been an insane three years. Like a planet bursting in space, shards of, I don't know...interplanetary STUFF, scattered everywhere and like tiny beacons of shining, broken light, they live in all corners of the universe. My job has been to pick them up, deciding which were worthy of rescue and which were better off living in the poorly lit back alley of space. It's been a helluva ride. Some days, I am happy to be upright and walking. Others, I wonder if I have the capacity for happiness...you know, the actual DNA to achieve this mythical state. Who knows? But I am kind of curious to see how it all pans out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etiketler

Followers


Recent Comments